The IEEE Computer Society Special Technical Community on MultiCore (STCMC) aims at promoting research, development, education, and standard activities related to multicore and manycore technologies by providing places for discussion to communities from academia, industry, and government.
Activities will include leader summits, international conferences, workshops, online lectures, online magazines and transactions, and working with standard committees.
The STC on MultiCore tries to fuse the multicore hardware, software, and application communities of the embedded fields, including:
smart phones | tablets | cameras | TV broadcasts | movies | games | medical systems | automobiles | airplanes| and so many more.
These embedded fields may be part of the personal computer and server fields, such as home servers, cloud servers and up to the exa-scale supercomputers, and used for basic sciences, devices, natural disaster simulations, medical computations, space developments, financial engineering and so on through common objectives for high performance, low power, reliability, low software development costs and periods.
multicore, manycore, heterogeneous, low power, high performance, reliability, embedded, supercomputer, architecture, language, API, compiler, OS, I/O, library, tuning, debugging, smart phone, automobile, medical, device, weather, energy, space, finance
Prof. Hironori Kasahara, Waseda University
- Prof. Eduardo Juárez Martínez Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Dr. Jun Shirako, Rice University
- Chair Dr. David Kuck, Intel
- Prof. Arvind Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Dr. John Walz Computer Society 2012 President
- Co-chair Prof. David Padua, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Prof. Thomas Conte, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Prof. Wen-Mei Hwu, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Prof. Vivek Sarkar Rice University
- Moriyuki Takamura. Fellow Fujitsu Laboratories
- Prof. Josep Torrellas. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Prof. Jean-Luc Gaudiot, University of California Irvine
- Dr. Ahmed Jerraya, CEA-LETI, MINATEC
- Prof. Katherine A. Yelick, University of California at Berkeley