IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS) has a technical review board (TRB), which complements its editorial board. The TPDS TRB consists of experts in the parallel and distributed systems research community who have a track record of providing high-quality reviews of scholarly works. The TPDS TRB is analogous to the technical program committee (TPC) of a top conference; similar to a TPC, the TPDS TRB consists of a fixed pool of reviewers who enable TPDS to provide timely and high-quality assessment of submitted manuscripts.
The goals of the TPDS TRB are two-fold: (1) provide high-quality and timely reviews for TPDS submissions and (2) build, support, and grow the next-generation leaders of TPDS.
TPDS TRB members serve an 18-month term. During that time, the member commits to reviewing 10-15 manuscripts and to providing manuscript reviews within 8 weeks of assignment. Each member will not be assigned more than 3 papers at any one time.
Why Join the TPDS TRB?
- The stature of TPDS will confer recognition on its TRB members that is similar to a top CS conference program committee. The online and print version of the journal will list the TRB next to the editorial board.
- When TPDS TRB members finish their term, those who performed well will become candidates for the TPDS editorial board.
- Editorial board members will serve as “review mentors” and will be available to discuss challenging issues encountered in reviewing and to provide constructive feedback on reviews. This mentorship will bring opportunities to senior researchers to develop the next generation of leadership in the parallel and distributed systems community.
- The TPDS editorial board will organize a meeting either online or, if possible, at a relevant scientific conference (e.g., SC, IPDPS, etc.), where TPDS associate editors (mentors) and TRB members can discuss topics related to reviewing.
- PhD (or equivalent) in parallel and distributed computing
- Early-career researcher
- Active research and publication track record in the parallel and distributed systems domain
How to Apply
Please fill out this online application form by 23 June 2021.
If you have questions, please send them to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (Rafael Tolosana Calasanz and Devesh Tiwari, TPDS associate editors).