Submissions Due: 25 November 2022
Publication: May/June 2023
With the recent remarkable advancements in Internet of Things (IoT), Wireless communication, edge/cloud computing, and artificial intelligence (AI), the connection of human beings and the surrounding environments is dramatically increased, entering a new era of connected living. This transformation has also enabled new research directions and technologies that will enhance healthcare and wellbeing management and improve overall quality of life. These enabled multidisciplinary research directions such as smart cities, smart and connected communities, pervasive health, autonomous and connected vehicles will bring new opportunities and generate long-term societal impacts.
The new era of connected living also poses challenges at the complex interaction between human beings and technologies. The foreseen high impacts and the multidisciplinary nature call for special attention and contemplation from researchers, industries, governments, and the related professional communities. This special issue aims to present the state-of-the-art contributions and future directions from experts in different areas and domains.
This special issue calls for research on various issues and solutions that can enable connected living. Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
- Edge, cloud, edge-cloud computing for connected living
- IoT and the corresponding data analytics for connected living
- AI and deep learning for connected living
- 5G and other wireless communication technologies for connected living
- Privacy-preserving techniques for connected living
- Smart and connected communities
- Smart city technologies for enhancing connected living
- Pervasive healthcare and wellbeing management
- Connected and autonomous vehicles and delivery
- New technologies for improving connected living
For author information and guidelines on submission criteria, please visit the IC Author Information page. Please submit papers through the ScholarOne system, and be sure to select the special-issue name. Manuscripts should not be published or currently submitted for publication elsewhere. Please submit only full papers intended for review, not abstracts, to the ScholarOne portal.
Please contact the guest editors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ye (Sarah) Sun, University of Virginia
- Weisong Shi, Wayne State University