Online IEEE Entrepreneurship – Africa Workshop
Program Details & Application
During September and October, IEEE Entrepreneurship, IEEE Smart Villages, Power Africa, and the IEEE Kenya Section will host online workshops with multiple sessions. Participants will learn the fundamentals of entrepreneurship, including identifying potential for new technical solutions to society’s problems and bringing these ideas to market through the development of a viable company model, a good business plan, and a commercialization strategy.
- Scientists and engineers as entrepreneurs
- Opportunity and value assessment
- Intellectual property (IP)
- Business Model and Business Plan fundamentals
- Marketing and Value Proposition for Customers
- Technology readiness levels
- Invention to product: timelines and processes
- Tools for financial estimations
- Networking, communication, and presentation skills
- Access to finance
- Case studies and group projects.
Want more tech news? Subscribe to ComputingEdge Newsletter Today!
- 03 September 2021 – Participant Pre-Workshop Meeting
- 07–30 September – Tuesday / Thursday evening meetings from 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM
- 07 October – Winning Team Announced – Feedback session
More Information About Workshops
This workshop will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays (5:00 PM to 7:30 PM, Kenya time) from 03 September 2021 – 07 October 2021. Each session will last approximately 2.5 hours, and you should plan on spending 1 – 2 hours per week meeting with your assigned team and mentors to create a final business pitch video presentation. Please be aware that this is a time-intensive workshop that will require a minimum of 40 hours of attendance and collaboration.
This workshop will be held in English and is open to all young engineers, science graduates (all college levels), and young researchers from Africa. This event is intended for those with a strong desire to become technical entrepreneurs (technopreneurs). Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates will be chosen based on their technological background as well as their motivation to become technopreneurs. Submit your application for this workshop.
Deadline: 6 August 2021