Upcoming Standards Activities: Workshop & Webinar
Join the IEEE Standards Association as they explore cyber-secured autonomous vehicles in an upcoming workshop and webinar.
CYBER-SECURED AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES
27 January 2021 | 7:00AM – 9:00AM EST | 13:00 – 15:00 CET
Autonomous vehicles sense the environment, communicate with each other, and compute massive amounts of data. Without being secured, they are not trustworthy.
- They implement more and more interfaces and are increasingly exposed to the external world – their attack surface enlarges with the growing complexity of SW defined ICT based intelligence.
- Cybersecurity vulnerabilities and risks persist throughout the lifetime of an autonomous vehicle and must therefore be managed in particular all the time during operation.
The Webinar will highlight different views, initiatives, and priorities from Asia, Europe, and America while addressing the above challenges.
Identify commonalities and differences of approaches and solutions with a panel discussion organized as a Q&A session after the presentations.
STANDARDS FOR TRUSTWORTHY AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES – NURTURING THE ERA OF E2E MOBILITY AS A SERVICE (MAAS)
12 February 2021 | 7:00AM – 11:00AM EST | 13:00 – 17:00 CET
Highly automated cars will communicate with each other and the infrastructure, and maneuver in an ever more changing environment due to computerization and software embedded intelligence. Drivers will be operators and eventually passengers, and future self-driving vehicles will open up new opportunities for e2e-Mobility as a Service (MaaS).
This workshop invites key stakeholders to debate how to ensure trustworthy autonomous vehicles. It addresses industrial challenges, which cannot be solved by a single company, where cooperation is needed.
The workshop will address following challenges and open questions, plus more:
- What are the key constituents of trustworthiness?
- How do these constituents depend on each other?
- What are the most reasonable tradeoffs between these constituents?
- What are the major risks and vulnerabilities?
- Are there different evolution paths in Asia, Europe and Americas?
Meet, discuss, and debate the tech and business challenges while figuring out how standards-related activities can help to shape markets and facilitate the commercialization of new technologies.