The Ad Hoc Committee on Open Science and Reproducibility
The goal of the 2020 Ad Hoc Committee on Open Science and Reproducibility is to analyze models, practices, and experiences in supporting open science and reproducibility within the IEEE Computer Society (CS) and at peer societies and publishers in the context of the recommendation of the NASEM report titled “Reproducibility and Replicability in Science.” The primary deliverable of the committee will be a report to the IEEE CS Board of Governors summarizing the outcomes of the analysis and the recommendations.
See full slides here.
Manish Parashar, Chair
Leila De Floriani
Gerry Grenier, IEEE Staff
Robin Baldwin, IEEE CS Staff
- Review of the NASEM report; identification of more relevant recommendations
- Survey of reproducibility activities across the IEEE CS and more broadly
- Survey of journal/magazine EiCs and conference chairs
- Survey of the broader community (planned)
- Deep dives for key issues related to ensuring reproducibility
- Report from the Ad Hoc Committee on Open Science and Reproducibility